About Our School

Our building was completed in 1954, formerly this school was Carver High School. It became Lake City Junior High School when integration occurred and students of Carver High and J. Paul Truluck High combined in Lake City High.

The school became Ronald E. McNair Junior High to honor our native son and alumnus, astronaut, Dr. Ronald E. McNair; and then later the student body changed and it was renamed Ronald E. McNair Middle School.  With later additions the school now has approximately 77,825 sq.ft.

During Gloria Graham Boyd 's tenture as principal,  murals were added to the halls and common rooms of the school. These murals may be seen in the virtual tour above. The artwork was completed by Barney Slice. The jungle motif mural in the hall leading to the REMM Cafe and Media Center was done by students with the help of a visiting artist in residence.

Our district reorganized the school to accomodate 6th graders as Ronald E. McNair Middle School for several years, but was changed again for the 2014-2015 academic year as the district joined the New Tech Network and brought Ronald E. McNair Junior High School on as one of the few junior high level schools in the network.